Tuesday, September 12, 2006




















Gratias

Gray and silver in the sun
Glassy smooth and still.
Giant river steady run,
Give my heart a thrill.

Green sometimes, sometimes blue,
Gargantuan in size.
Graceful is the word for you,
Grateful are my eyes.

God made the river's mighty flow,
Gave this gift to man.
Generations come and go
Gliding 'cross its span.

Gather up each brook and rill
Gently seaward stream.
Give me leave to look my fill,
Grant to me this dream.

© Robert Ernest LaRock (1920-1978)


3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Jim Brock said...

What a gift to have this from your father, and thank you for sharing it with us as well.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Becca said...

How beautiful~the gentle rhythm and the alliteration are perfect.

Thank you for sharing this :)

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Regina said...

Uh-huh- that's where you get it from... a lovely poem by your dad. How great that you have something like this from him...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home